BHERT membership is for private and public businesses who value innovation and education in their operations and in their workforce; industry bodies;
professional associations; tertiary institutions; research institutions.
For a quick overview of own recent activities, download the 2018 BHERT Annual Review.
- Members are invited to attend BHERT round tables, ministerial lunches, fora and conferences and are able to offer feedback directly to government
in policy development and implementation.
- Members benefit from BHERT's role as a knowledge broker. This creates opportunities to extend links in research activities between sectors,
provides input into curriculum content and improves access to graduates.
- Members are in a position to shape issues of interest to their organisation and/or to the business/education community through BHERT's high
quality round tables/seminars/conferences. These also provide excellent opportunities for networking and research collaboration.
- Members receive invitations to the Annual BHERT Awards traditionally presented by the Minister for Education who supports the significance
of outstanding collaborative projects between business and higher education.
- Members gain excellent opportunities for knowledge transfer and outreach through improved collaborations and relationships.
- Business is provided opportunities to exploit university expertise and to promote more productive university engagement (eg customised development
programs for executives or staff, business reviews, assistance in workforce development issues, participation in student placement/research
programs, sponsorship of postgraduate).
- Members receive Invitations to participate in national and local programs, speak at conferences and host national events.
- Members are invited to attend the Distinguished Speaker Series where notable leaders of the business community address topical interests. Vice-Chancellors/CEOs/senior
personnel mingle and connect areas of mutual interest.
BHERT Members consist of:
- Businesses (private and public) who value innovation and education in their operations and in their workforce;
- Industry bodies;
- Professional associations;
- Tertiary institutions;
- Research institutions.
Our Board is chaired by Susan Bannigan and comprises vice-chancellors and CEOs and senior representatives from industry.
Annual organisational membership costs $10,000 plus GST. The rate for SMEs and small professional organisations is negotiable depending upon size.
Please direct any enquiries about joining BHERT to firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9953 3426.